How much do you love San Francisco? Would you vote for it as the coolest town around? Apparently, some travelers and residents did just that in a recent poll!
According to Ranker.com, San Francisco was recently voted the “Coolest City in America.” The decision to name San Francisco “coolest spot” came by popular vote. Ranker asked its followers to rate cities on various factors such as great places to dine, dance and visit as well as other qualities that make cities great destinations. San Francisco did its residents proud in many of these categories.
In addition, “experts” such as travel agents, bloggers and others who have wide experience with travel ultimately supported the public’s view of San Francisco as a great place to visit. It seems that the City by the Bay has garnered more than its fair share of fans!
Do you agree that San Francisco is the Coolest City in America? Please tell us what you think is ‘cool’ about San Francisco. If not, what city would you put up for that honor? Please post your answer on our blog.
What Makes San Francisco So Great?
One of the things that makes San Francisco such a cool city is the diversity of its population and its attractions. From the Golden Gate Bridge to Alcatraz, and from Lombard Street to Fisherman’s Wharf, there is plenty for everyone to do, no matter what your age or interests. If you want to go a little farther afield, San Francisco is a great base of operations from which to visit the wine country, Lake Tahoe and Sacramento.
If you want to see the coolest things in San Francisco, here is a short list of “must dos” for your trip, according to San Francisco Travel:
- The Golden Gate Bridge—this is the most famous bridge in the world and spans the 1.7 miles between Sausalito and San Francisco.
- Cable cars. Take a break and ride on a cable car—you will be glad you did!
- Alcatraz—although the prison is closed, you can tour this famous facility which sits on its own island in the Bay.
- Fisherman’s Wharf—a great place to watch the sea lions, visit area attractions or grab some really fresh seafood.
- Union Square—if you are serious about shopping, Union Square is the place to be.
- North Beach—it is actually not a beach but the Italian quarter of San Francisco, filled with great restaurants and shops.
- Chinatown—this is one of the largest Asian communities in the world outside of Asia itself, and is filled with plenty of Chinese culture.
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art—any museum in the city is a great place to visit, but this one houses some of the best works of modern masters.
In order to visit all the sights in San Francisco and get around easily, it is important to have a reliable taxicompany to take you where you want to go. Luxor Cabs has been a staple in San Francisco for nearly 100 years. Their taxi cab drivers are incredibly knowledgeable and professional and will get you where you want to go quickly and cost-effectively.
Along the way, these San Francisco taxi cab drivers may just give you a quick history lesson. For example, if your route takes you past Russian Hill, your cab driver can tell you a bit about the area and why millions of people flock here every year to see the architecture and enjoy the beautiful views. If you are looking for a great restaurant, Luxor Cabs cabbies can make good recommendations and get you to your location quickly. If you need are just coming in to the airport and need to locate a good hotel, Luxor Cabs can help.
Our drivers are highly trained and knowledgeable about the city. We also offer paratransit and other assistance for those who need special accommodations. Call Luxor Cabs today for all your San Francisco taxi cab needs.