July 4th Fireworks Display Best Seen From Marina Green Or Crissy Field
The Glorious Fourth is a time to celebrate with fireworks, and San Francisco residents may be able to see the fireworks clearly for the first time in several years. The small heat wave that has been gripping the City by the Bay may lead to clearer skies through the Fourth of July holiday.
Luxor Cabs will be happy to transport those who are attending Fourth of July festivities throughout the city. As one of the city’s oldest and most respected cab companies, Luxor has been providing reliable airport transportation as well as trips around the city for a century. No one knows San Francisco better than Luxor!
Fog, Fog, Stay Away!
Several weather forecasters, including those at the National Weather service, are predicting that skies will remain clear through the evening of July 4th. However, fog is predicted to roll in at midnight, so there may be some later fireworks shows that are affected. Most shows start a 9:30 p.m. and should be over by the time the fog hits.
Recently, San Francisco has experienced 80 degree temperatures, although no day this year has come close to the 99-degree record. Mid-70s are expected during the week of July 4th, but a warming trend will keep clouds and fog at bay until the late evening of the 4th.
Where To Watch The Fireworks?
San Francisco has an awesome fireworks show planned to begin at 9:30 p.m. Some of the best locations for watching include:
- Twin Peaks. For those who do not mind being a little further away, the area around Twin Peaks will give a stunning view of the show.
- Aquatic Park. This part of the northeastern waterfront boasts amenities for families to sit and watch the show.
- Pier 39. Another great location on the waterfront, this area would be a great place to shop and dine before the show begins.
- Crissy Field. Bring a blanket and stretch out with the family before the show begins.
San Francisco authorities are advising everyone to use public transportation rather than attempt to park in the crowded downtown areas during the fireworks. Luxor Cabs is excited to be able to offer rides all over San Francisco during the Fourth of July. Whether you need a designated driver or just do not want to fight traffic, let Luxor Cabs offer you the San Francisco taxi transportation you need during this holiday!
San Francisco Voted “Coolest City In America”
How much do you love San Francisco? Would you vote for it as the coolest town around? Apparently, some travelers and residents did just that in a recent poll!
According to Ranker.com, San Francisco was recently voted the “Coolest City in America.” The decision to name San Francisco “coolest spot” came by popular vote. Ranker asked its followers to rate cities on various factors such as great places to dine, dance and visit as well as other qualities that make cities great destinations. San Francisco did its residents proud in many of these categories.
In addition, “experts” such as travel agents, bloggers and others who have wide experience with travel ultimately supported the public’s view of San Francisco as a great place to visit. It seems that the City by the Bay has garnered more than its fair share of fans!
Do you agree that San Francisco is the Coolest City in America? Please tell us what you think is ‘cool’ about San Francisco. If not, what city would you put up for that honor? Please post your answer on our blog.
What Makes San Francisco So Great?
One of the things that makes San Francisco such a cool city is the diversity of its population and its attractions. From the Golden Gate Bridge to Alcatraz, and from Lombard Street to Fisherman’s Wharf, there is plenty for everyone to do, no matter what your age or interests. If you want to go a little farther afield, San Francisco is a great base of operations from which to visit the wine country, Lake Tahoe and Sacramento.
If you want to see the coolest things in San Francisco, here is a short list of “must dos” for your trip, according to San Francisco Travel:
- The Golden Gate Bridge—this is the most famous bridge in the world and spans the 1.7 miles between Sausalito and San Francisco.
- Cable cars. Take a break and ride on a cable car—you will be glad you did!
- Alcatraz—although the prison is closed, you can tour this famous facility which sits on its own island in the Bay.
- Fisherman’s Wharf—a great place to watch the sea lions, visit area attractions or grab some really fresh seafood.
- Union Square—if you are serious about shopping, Union Square is the place to be.
- North Beach—it is actually not a beach but the Italian quarter of San Francisco, filled with great restaurants and shops.
- Chinatown—this is one of the largest Asian communities in the world outside of Asia itself, and is filled with plenty of Chinese culture.
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art—any museum in the city is a great place to visit, but this one houses some of the best works of modern masters.
In order to visit all the sights in San Francisco and get around easily, it is important to have a reliable taxicompany to take you where you want to go. Luxor Cabs has been a staple in San Francisco for nearly 100 years. Their taxi cab drivers are incredibly knowledgeable and professional and will get you where you want to go quickly and cost-effectively.
Along the way, these San Francisco taxi cab drivers may just give you a quick history lesson. For example, if your route takes you past Russian Hill, your cab driver can tell you a bit about the area and why millions of people flock here every year to see the architecture and enjoy the beautiful views. If you are looking for a great restaurant, Luxor Cabs cabbies can make good recommendations and get you to your location quickly. If you need are just coming in to the airport and need to locate a good hotel, Luxor Cabs can help.
Our drivers are highly trained and knowledgeable about the city. We also offer paratransit and other assistance for those who need special accommodations. Call Luxor Cabs today for all your San Francisco taxi cab needs.